Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the kitchen...




Ever since we've moved into our house I've wanted to paint the kitchen. I always loved the color, Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware, but was afraid it was too similar to my original color. A few weeks ago I couldn't stand it any longer and I finally did it!! When I told John I was going to paint he decided he would hang bead board. I also got new light fixtures (the little chandelier is my favorite, unfortunately it doesn't show up too well in the photos). We also painted a chalkboard on one of our walls and made a frame for it.  I still have some things to hang on the wall, I'm just waiting for them to arrive (I'll post more photos when I get them hung). So here you have it, our much needed kitchen makeover!

9 comments:

Steph & James said...

Love it! You are for sure a design inspiration for me!!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I LOVE it, I LOVE it, I LOVE it!!! That looks so great and just like it should be out of a magazine. You and John are so talented. Nice job!!!

Jill Wright said...

Julie,
That color is AWESOME. I'm thinking of doing something similar to that in my kids' playroom. It's a BEHR color called "rhino". It's kind of a mix between a silver and a blue. Love it. I love your beadboard too!

AMiller said...

I will have to come over and look at it. Tim and I love Restoration Hardware colors. That might be perfect for our bathroom.

kh said...

Julie, it's gorgeous! You have such great taste!

Mindy said...

i love it! great decorating style and now you and amy will have matching paint colors. it was good to see you if only for a brief moment. one of these days i will get to utah when they lift the ban on me. ha ha

elyse said...

I Love it also.... I can't wait to see it in person!!!

rkkorth said...

It's beautiful. Can I hire you?

Mike and Shannon said...

Way to go Jules, it looks amazing! It was so fun to see you at Amy's shower, please let me know next time you are in AZ.