Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!


I love Halloween and I love that John loves it too! He's always such a good sport to go along with the family theme each year. This year was very last minute but I think it came together great. We all dressed up for John's work trick-or-treating but by the time we tried getting photos the kids were done! So, I made all of us dress up again for Katelyn's birthday party (which actually wasn't even a costume party. Oops).

When I first got Amelia and Eleanor in their costumes Eleanor said to Amelia, "You look like a girl from Idaho and I look like a girl from Las Vegas!". Classic Eleanor. She loved being dressed in what she thought was the fanciest dress ever (my slip) and having her eyeliner and mascara on. She wasn't too thrilled about the mole I put on her face the first day and refused to allow me to put one on the second day (so I had to photoshop one on). She had another costume party just before Katelyn's and I told her she could go as what ever she wanted but she really wanted to go as Ginger.

Amelia could care less what she looked like, she just wanted ALL the candy. It was so much fun watching her at John's work. She would take candy from anyone (which was nearly every employee) and had no problem asking people to open her candy. She also loved seeing all the scary costumes and would say, "scaaaaary". I was also impressed she kept her wig on the entire 2 hours!

Jude had no clue why I was making him wear a size 18-24 shirt and a sailor hat pinned in half but he was a good sport and went along with it! It made me really sad looking at this photo and seeing just how big our little boy has gotten.

John's costume cracked me up! His hat was about 10 sizes too small but he still wore it all day! His pants were also a little too small and I told him to just not tuck in his shirt but he refused. He'd looked at all the photos of The Skipper and his shirt was tucked in so by darn his was going to be tucked in as well! He also didn't think anyone was going to get the whole Gilligan's Island theme and was surprised when people knew who he was even without the rest of the gang.

My outfit is by far the most hideous but of course I put mine off until the very last minute. When Eleanor saw my dress she asked me to buy her one just like it if I ever found it in her size. She also was very jealous that I got to wear the pearl necklaces and white gloves but she was not envious of my wig. I seriously never looked at myself in the mirror and now I'm wishing I would have at least combed the wig. Oh well.

No comments: