Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Night

Halloween did not disappoint this year. John got home early from work and Sara and Henry were able to come and spend the evening with us. Eleanor and I made a cinnamon bread spider which turned out pretty good. I was going to try and make something spooky for dinner but didn't have time but we did have some yummy butternut squash soup.

Eleanor was planning on being a princess but last minute she asked if she could be the witch from It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I tried talking her into wearing a green mask and a witch hat but she only wanted to wear the white sheet. I was actually thrilled that she asked to be the witch rather then the princess. I have a thing for homemade costumes. I think they are so much fun and I think she looked so cute in her little white sheet. Eleanor was pretty excited to hit every house in the neighborhood. Its nice living in an area where we know some many people.

Amelia and Henry were little buds and went as Winny the Pooh and Piglet. It was pretty dang cute watching the two of them. Henry has the best little walk and you could tell he was quite proud of his outfit. He was dripping wet when Sara took off his costume! Amelia had a great night. She didn't want to wear her costume when I tried it on her earlier today but I told her she could only get candy and see Henry if she wore her costume. I don't think she complained once about her costume all night! She had a great time walking around the neighborhood. She was excited to have Henry and Sara with us. She kept telling Sara to watch her as she walked up to the doors.

Jude got to wear the traditional pumpkin costume. All three of our kids have worn it for their first Halloween. I was a little afraid Jude wouldn't fit in it but we were able to squeeze him into it. He was a pretty cute little pumpkin. It's hard to think that he'll be walking around next Halloween.

Overall we had a great night. I'm sad to see Halloween be over but I'm excited to know that the holidays are just around the corner!! And even more excited that our newest little niece will be here by the end of the week!! Yeah!















No comments: