Monday, July 21, 2008

now thats a week...

Monday- John won tickets at his work to see Jonny Lang at Red Butte Gardens.  It's always nice going to concerts on Goldman Sachs. We get to enjoy VIP parking and sitting. With they way they have redone Red Butte, the VIP seats are in the back but are raised so you have a really good view.  I'd never heard of the opening band, Dusty Rhodes and the River Band, but I actually quite enjoyed them. It was the perfect night for an outdoor concert, it was a little cloudy and it cooled down to a perfect temp. 
Tuesday- John and I went golfing to the new and improved Fox Hollow golf course. We were quite impressed with the new pro shop and all the new landscaping. This was my first time out golfing in two years! I was a little nervous because they paired us up with another twosome. Luckily they were really nice and patient with me. At first I was kind of dreading being out there but by the second hole I was really enjoying it.  John is always so nice to me when we are golfing and gives me a lot of good advice. At one hole I saved John's life. We were off on the side of the green and a ball comes FLYING towards John's head. I yelled to him and he moved and missed the ball by no more then a foot or two. It was kind of funny!!

Wednesday- I was feeling pretty bad for leaving Eleanor Monday night and Tuesday for school and then in the evening, so I decided to take her to the Zoo. I had Lori drop us off on her way to work and John picked us up on his way home. It was a long 4 hours at the Zoo, but Eleanor LOVED it! I bought her two tickets to the carousel and a ticket for the little train. We also watched the bird show. During the middle of the show Eleanor stands up and puts her arm out to the side (the same way the bird trainer has his arm) and yells, "Share. Share. Bird come". It was pretty funny! She wanted the bird to come and sit on her arm. We had perfect seats and all the birds kept flying right over our heads. I had two birds actually hit my head. I was really surprised at how well Eleanor did all day. I let her decide how much time we spent at each exhibit. The last hour she spent dipping her head into the water around the globe. Disgusting I know, but it kept her and everyone else around entertained. By the time John picked us up we were both exhausted!! 

Later that night we spent the evening out in the backyard. By the time we went inside Eleanor had the entire patio covered in chalk. The evenings have been so nice lately and we've been a
able to eat many dinners out there and just enjoy the summer evenings. 
Thursday- Lori, Cassi and I took Evan and Eleanor to the pool. Eleanor and Evan love running around the little kid pool and splashing water at each other. I love taking Eleanor to the pool because she always ends up taking the best naps when we get home!

Later that night my friend Stephanie Woolf was in town for Amber's wedding and we met up for dinner. It was so much fun seeing Stephanie and the other girls. It's always nice 
being able to go out to eat with out a little one! It was so much fun catching up on everything!!
Friday- Friday was quite an adventure!! Tiffany and I took the Traxs and the Front Runner up to Ogden to spend the day with Carrie and Weston. It was a long trip, but was really fun! Eleanor and Addie were great on the trains. We had a such a fun time at Carrie's house. Her home is beautiful and she has a great backyard with goats and chickens. The kids had a good time playing on the swing set and in the dirt. Eleanor and Addie both slept the entire trip back to SLC. Eleanor and I met John up at the U and we headed up to Heber to spend the night at his parent's cabin. We made our traditional stop at Chic's Cafe. At the cabin we had a good time playing games and staying up late talking.

Saturday- We got up early and headed down to Dear Creek to do a little jet skiing. When we first got there John that all three of us could fit on one jet ski but instead we all tipped over. Of course Eleanor was freaking out a little bit and I hit my ankle pretty hard on the jet ski. Once we finally got things situated we had a great time. Eleanor LOVED being on the 'boat' and got to go on a few rides with John and Grandpa. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had to be in North SLC by 12:30 for a work BBQ.

The work BBQ was a lot of fun and I'm glad we had Eleanor's swimsuit with us so she could go swimming. They had a little kid's pool that was only a foot deep. Poor Eleanor slipped and went underwater for just a second before John got her out. I was afraid she would be a little freake
d out and want out of the water, but it didn't seem to phase her too much. It just made me realize even more how close you have to watch them EVERY second! 

Saturday evening we went to Amber's reception. Of course she looked beautiful!! Again, I got to see some more friends from Ricks and catch up with them. After the reception we headed down to the AF carnival.

2 comments:

Barnes said...

Real cool you didn't call me to come and hang out...I would've loved to see Steph...next time!! Bust or die!! (j/k)

Pink Caboose said...

Hey Julie, this is April Heap from St. Johns. I saw your blog today for the first time and saw that you went to Heber and ate at Chicks. I live in Heber, and we love to eat at Chicks too!! Crazy small world! Your daughter is darling!