Wednesday, July 9, 2008

true signs of summer...



Yesterday afternoon I made my first batch of fresh salsa for the season and the best part about it was that I used my very-own-home-grown cilantro! This is our first year at attempting a garden and so far it looks like most everything we planted has not died yet. Our cilantro and swiss chard are doing great! Yesterday was the first time I cut the cilantro and I may have been a little late because there were long stems with flowers among the cilantro leaves. I can't wait for our first pickings from our squash and tomatoes plants. I wish we had a larger and better sun-lit place for our garden. Maybe John's next project can be a greenhouse...
About the salsa...it was delicious! Two staple foods during the summer months in our household is fresh salsa and watermelon with lime. Yum!

2 comments:

Lori Hacking said...

The salsa WAS delcious...as always. I'm mad that I just spent 88 cents for cilantro when you had some at your house for FREE!!!

Jill Wright said...

Julie,
I love looking at all of the fun things you guys are up to--tell me about this funnell cake business. I'm impressed!