Tuesday, October 28, 2008

paying attention...


This past week Eleanor has been obsessed with my scriptures. She's been carrying them around and calls it her "new book". This morning she was sitting on my bed looking at her "new book" and yelled to me, "mom, the temple and a parade". I didn't pay too much attention at first, but she kept saying it so I went over to see what she was talking about. Sure enough, this was the photo she was looking at. (I love that she thought the covered wagons were in a parade.)

I called John to see if he ever taught her about the temple and he said no. So then I called her Michelle, her nursery teacher, to ask the same question. Turns out they've been singing the Temple song and have been showing the kids a picture of the temple. Michelle said Eleanor is obsessed with the temple and always wants to hold the picture.

This little story was a reminder of just how smart little kids can be and how they actually do pay attention to things!! Thanks Michelle to teacher Eleanor!!

1 comment:

No Chicks Allowed said...

i love it! it is amazing to see how smart kids are and how much credit we don't give them becasue we think they are too little to understand. elanor is so cute and love her annie costume. i'm so glad that you and tiffany get to see each other every once in awhile, i can't believe you found your keys in that big pumpkin patch, you're so lucky! thanks for sharing your blog, i love getting to see what you're up to. it's been too long since we've seen each other...