Tuesday, October 28, 2008

photos..


















The past few months I've been feeling a little overwhelmed about all the digital photos we have, so I started organizing and making backups. I put all our photos on both hardrives and cds and then placed them in a fireproof safe (a little neurotic, yes). Then today I've been adding photos on our smugmug page. With three backups, I think I should be good. Now, I just need to start printing photos. I love digital, but I miss having prints.

A few years ago my brother Ashley went through all of my parent's photos/slides and gave all of us digital copies. It is seriously one of my favorite possession. My dad took so many great shots of us as kids. I really want to make sure my kids have plenty of childhood photos.

*sorry for the photo overload.

10 comments:

elyse said...

Julie,
I love looking at the photos when you guys were young!! i told "Aunt" jeff yesterday that i wish i could go back as a fly on the wall to when he was 8 and just watch him for a whole day!! I miss you guys too! Jeff could not stop talking about how cute it was that Ella calls him "Aunt Jeff" give her a big kiss for us!

rkkorth said...

I love those photos! Remember you and Amy looking like you did...I need to do what Ashley did with all of my parents photos, but I'm a technological idiot. I think that would be a great gift to my parents AND siblings. Fun post!!

Nicole said...

I put all my pictures on CDs and put them in safe places too, so don't feel alone:) These pictures are great!

Mindy said...

julie
great trip down memory lane and great blackmail material. lol
can you please email liz or jamie the picture of uncle frank. they are making a memory album for their 50th. it would be perfect!!

Tiff Hunt said...

I didn't realize how much Eleanor looked like you until I saw your little kid pictures!!

Lyman Family said...

I love the pictures. Its cool seeing pics with your house in it, brings back fun memories. I need to be on top of my pictures, maybe this will motivate me to.

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite post! I especially love the ballerinas! do you have any of the movies you guys used to make? I remember being at your house and your nextdoor neighbors made a movie about hanger-head (i think) I always loved staying at your house!

Kristen said...

I LOVE all those old photos. I have some serious respect for your mom:)

Amanda said...

Those pictures are great! I love looking at old pictures. It cracks me up that in every picture of Theron he is holding one of you! So cute!

Amanda said...

The first one is my favorite! so cute and I love the one of Theron's shorts hiked all the way up-classic!
thanks for the post!