Monday, October 13, 2008

pumpkin patch and lost keys...

So, last night Tiffany, Paul and myself all headed over the the pumpkin patch (John was supposed to meet us, but ended up having to stay late at work). Other then it being FREEZING cold, it was a lot of fun hunting for pumpkins. Eleanor and Adyson had a great time roaming the field. Eleanor was so giddy to see so many pumpkins at once. Somehow she got it in her head that pumpkins look like bums and she kept asking me, "did you see that bum mom?". 

Well, after we found the perfect pumpkins and were too cold to stay any longer, we discovered that I LOST THE KEYS IN THE FIELD!!! Yes, that's correct. Paul had given me the keys to go get my checkbook out of the car and instead of giving the keys back to him I put them in my back pocket ( I have a bad habit of just putting the little clicker thing in my pocket and letting the keys just hang out of the pocket). I was sick!! The little girls were freezing and cold and now we had to drag them back out to the field and begin our search. 

We searched every foot of that field. We asked everyone around to keep their eyes out for lost keys, and every time I heard a little kid say, "I found it" I was ticked to learn he was only talking of the perfect pumpkin. Finally, over an hour into our search Tiffany screams from way back in the far corner that she FOUND them!!! I can't tell you how HAPPY I was! I was convinced we'd never find them and that the Hunts would never talk to me again!! Right after Tiffany found them John had pulled up (I'd called him and told him he'd better come and get the little girls out of the cold). Needless to say, we were all so GLAD to finally find the keys and get on our way home!! 

Luckily, I had made soup earlier that afternoon so I took it over to the Hunts and we all had warm soup, corn bread with warm apple crisp and homemade ice cream  for dinner. Overall it was a really fun night, but I'm still mad at myself for loosing those darn keys!!!








5 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

Cute pics. Everyone does look freezing! I do the same thing with my keys....I'm glad you found them.

Lisa said...

I hate when I lose my keys!! I am glad you found them!

Those pictures are cute. Fun

rkkorth said...

Fun day...minus the key thing. That warm soup and corn bread sounds great right now. I am so dreading winter coming so soon this year!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I have been a slacker with my blogging latley. I hadn't looked at yours in a while. Your yard is beautiful! I seriously think it could be in Home and Gardens! Nice work!!! Eleanor is too cute. Can't wait for you to come down in a month!!!

Amanda said...

too cute! I really want you to take pictures of my kids soon- you do a great job!