Friday, February 19, 2010

Lunch and St. Paul's









While living in Chile, almost any given day you could hear my Dad say, "Girls, can you believe we are here?". Well, I keep saying the same thing about us being in London. I can't believe we are so lucky to get to live here! We are having a great time!

Today we got to meet up with John for lunch again and enjoy another day of sunshine. We went to a great place called Japanese Canteen. A few guys took John there the other day. Its so nice being able to walk to John's work in less then 10 minutes. I've gotten pretty good at maneuvering a double stroller on the crowded streets. The most confusing part of walking around is looking for cars when crossing the streets. My first reaction is to look to the left, but here the cars are on the opposite side of the street so you have to look to the right. I really don't think I could ever drive in this city. I'd be so confused!!

After lunch the girls and I hung out on the steps of St. Paul's. (John's work is right across the courtyard from St. Paul's). Eleanor had a blast chasing around the pigeons and running up and down the stairs. I tried getting her to wear her heavier coat, but she said it was "freaking" bugging her! So since she didn't have her warm coat, Eleanor started getting cold so we didn't stay out too long.

When we got back from lunch it was nice coming home to a clean flat! I really could get used to having a house keeper!

I just got off the phone with Amy and she dropped my parent's off at the airport a few minutes ago. I can't wait for them to get here!! Hopefully we'll have a few days of sunshine while they are here!

I just spoke with Amy and she dropped my parents off at the airport. I can't wait for them to get here! It's going to be so much fun going to all the sites with them!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Looks like your having a blast! I think our favorite spot in London was Hyde Park. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

Katie Wolfley said...

Julie your blog is making me so excited to get there! Keep posting so I know what to do when I get there....

Christy said...

I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying it there. It makes me want to go even more.