Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mimi and Grandpa Arive

Mimi and Grandpa got to London early this morning! Eleanor was so excited for them to get here. The buzzer to the door woke us all up and I was a little worried that Eleanor would be in a bad mood (remember, she is NOT a morning person!). Thank goodness she was in a good mood and was thrilled to see my parents!! She had the biggest smile on her face for the first 5 minutes they were here! Amelia was excited to see them as well. She could not stop smiling at both of them. It was really cute watching all of their reactions.

We let my parents sleep for a few hours and then sent Eleanor in to wake them up. The sun was shinning and we knew we had to take advantage of it! We ate lunch at Strada which is right across from St. Paul's. After lunch we visited St. Paul's. Dad, John, Eleanor and I hiked the stairs to the Whisper Gallery and the Observation Gallery while my mom stayed with Amelia.

The Whispering Gallery name comes from the fact that a person who whispers facing the wall on one side, can be clearly heard on the other. We tested it out and sure enough, my Dad could hear John talking to him. Being up there helped us get our barrings a little better and the view was amazing!!

John and my Dad decided to go up to the very top of the dome and they said the view was even more spectacular! Eleanor was a little freaked out on the way down and I had to carry her down every single stair. I thought my legs were going to collapse before we made it down!

From St. Paul's we walked along the river to the London Eye. The walk was a great and we got to see a lot of amazing buildings along the way. My poor Mom was in a lot of pain. Her leg has been hurting her the past few weeks and the cold weather didn't help it much! Eleanor slept most the way. I'm so grateful for double strollers. There is noway I could survive London without one!! It is kind of a pain carrying up and down stairs, but it's totally worth it!

The London Eye was spectacular! We lucked out and made it just in time for the sunset. Again, it was great seeing more of London and it made us more anxious to get out and see everything. A couple in the capsule below us got engaged, which was fun to watch.

We finally made it home around 7pm and then John and my Dad headed off to Waitrose to get a few things for dinner. We knew my Dad would love going to the grocery store and find all sorts of fun treats. He introduced Eleanor to fruit cake and I can't believe how much she loved it. Disgusting, I know!

I couldn't believe what troopers my parent's were! They were exhausted when they finally went to bed! I'm so happy they came to visit!


Eleanor with her suvior from the London Eye.


Amelia slept the entire ride. She was the most perfect baby all day! She didn't fuss once! She makes going out so much more enjoyable. I only wish Eleanor was as easy as her!!





Walking along the Thames.

John's work is the buliding with brown and green on it.

2 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

I AM GREEN WITH ENVY!!! I am going to visit there someday!! What fun!! I love your parents! They are so cool!!! How fun that they came to visit you!!! We miss you guys too! We made ice cream tonight and thought of you! I'm so glad that your girls are being good and that this is such a memorable experience for you!! I L.O.V.E. your girls smiles! They are seriously the BEST!!

Jordan and Luci said...

It is has been so fun reading about your London adventures. I am so jealous! I SOOO want to come visit you. I'm not joking:). I have never been to Europe and it looks amazing. So fun!