Monday, February 8, 2010

PM Around Our Home


John and Eleanor have quite the relationship. They adore each other. Every morning Eleanor looks for John and asks when he'll be home from work. When ever she hears the garage door open she stops what she is doing and either hides from John or goes into the laundry room to scare him. Poor John gets mauled all night. Tonight they enjoyed squishing each others faces.

I am very happy to report that Eleanor has been to bed before 9 pm for three days in a row. I've decided she needs a bedtime like most kids her age. It's not uncommon for her to stay up past midnight. These past few days I have not allowed her to take a nap and it's made all the difference!

I am loving putting Eleanor to bed. Instead of wanting me to read her stories, she prefers my made up stories. She tells me who she wants in the story and what the story is about. The tricky part is when she wants a repeat of a story from a few nights prior. There is no way I can remember all the little stories we come up with. Sometimes they get pretty funny!

No comments: