Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our Lazy Day







It's has been raining off and on today and I didn't feel like bundling up the little girls, so we are had a lazy day. Eleanor was up last night from 1:00-4:00 playing. I thought she had totally adjusted to the time change, but I guess I was wrong. I'm sure our neighbors loved hearing her singing and playing at such hours! It was actually really cute listening to her play. I was laying in our bed and could hear her in the family room playing with her window decals. She was pretending to be all three different characters and had a different voice for each. I love how she can entertain herself!

I hate to admit this, but I'm really glad we have such good t.v. here! They have at least 6 different kid channels. I have to be careful not to let Eleanor watch t.v. all day!! I'm glad I thought to bring watercolors and play dough and allowed Eleanor to bring a little suitcase full of toys!

It's been fun watching Eleanor play with Amelia. Amelia adores her! Eleanor loves to get her smiling and laughing. I feel so lucky to have such cute little girls!

We had quite the adventure tonight!! We tried going to the grocery store last night, but got there a few minutes after it closed. So, we decided to meet up when John got of work and go to the store. Well, when I got outside it started POURING!! It's a good thing I had brought the stroller weather cover. By the time I met up with John at the meat market (which is just down the end of our street) I was soaked!! We debated weather to just go home or go to the store. We decided we'd better just brave it and make the walk. It wasn't actually all that bad because a good portion of the walk is in an underground tunnel, but we were pretty wet by the time we got to the store.

So stocked up on a lot of food! I had no idea England had such good "puddings" ( I didn't know that's what they call desserts)! We've had delicious rice pudding, custard, tarts and pies. We've also have had great cheese and my favorite, Spanish chorizo. It's a good thing we have to walk every where we go!

I wish I would have gotten a photo of all of our good stuffed in the stroller. It's amazing how much you can pack in there! I'll have to remember on our next trip to Waitrose.

No comments: